Ranking Best and Worst Mascots in the NHL

From:

With the Stanley Cup playoffs already in full swing, I decided that it would be best to talk about who I think will win the cup...

I’m kidding. I feel like that would be a really embarrassing experience because my bracket is already busted! (I’m still rooting for the Blackhawks.)

Instead I’ll be ranking the mascots by my opinion! If you don’t like it, make your own blog! ;)

Let me know in the comments what you think.

26-29 Stinger, Sparky, Stormy, Sparty

From;

29. Sparty - Ottawa Senators

The idea of a lion being a mascot is so stereotypical and overused and that's why they belong down here.

28. Stormy - Carolina Hurricanes

What in the world is Stormy?? Very creepy looking if you ask me.

27. Sparky - New York Islanders

A dragon? For the Islanders? Please.

26. Stinger - Columbus Blue Jackets

Those giant red eyes look into my soul and make me want to repent. Creepy.

21-25 Thunderbug, V. Green, Sharkie, Fin, Sabretooth


From:


25. Sabretooth - Buffalo Sabres

Too cuddly and "kelloggy" for me, I'll pass.

24. Fin - Vancouver Canucks

Cool concept, but they did not deliver.

23. Sharkie - San Jose Sharks

Sharkie the Shark. They're lucky he looks cool or else I would have put him at the bottom for such an unoriginal name! 

22. V. Green - Dallas Stars

This is basically a knock off brand of the Philly Phanatic.

21. Thunderbug - Tampa Bay Lightning 

Cute, plays well with what the team is. Not the worst.

16-20 Bailey, Harvey, Louie, Youppi, Chance

From:

20. Chance - Vegas Golden Knights

As great as the new Knights have played, this mascot is certainly lacking. He just has a weird look to him.

19. Youppi - Montreal Canadiens

Way to go and play the stereotypes of what Canadians look like! Actually to be honest, the only reason why I don't like this one is because I feel like mascots should be animals.

18. Louie - St. Louis Blue

A blue bears for the blues?? Nice touch, but it doesn't sell.

17. Harvey - Calgary Flames

Weird... enough said.

16. Bailey

See what I mean about lions being used to much as mascots?? 

11-15 NJ Devil, Nordy, Stanley C., Howler, Carlton

From:

15. Carlton - Toronto Maple Leafs

My roommate told me to put Carlton up here because as quoted, "he's adorable and I want to hug him forever." Those are not my words.

14. Howler - Arizona Coyotes

Cool name, perfect animal for the mascot. However, he looks childish.

13. Stanley C. - Florida Panthers

I love the name! Just not the look.

12. Nordy - Minnesota Wild

I give them props, it is hard to have a mascot that represents the wild. They did well.

11. NJ Devil - New Jersey Devils

Using your name for the mascot, you're better than that New Jersey.

6-10 Gnash, Blades, Bernie, Hunter, Iceburgh

From:

10. Iceburgh - Pittsburgh Penguins

I love the name, look, and style of this mascot. I wouldn't change a thing!

9. Hunter - Edmonton Oilers

This is a great look for a mascot, unfortunately there are better ones than him.

8. Bernie - Colorado Avalanche

I love St. Bernards!! It's cute because these types of dogs help save people during.. wait for it... avalanches.

7. Blades - Boston Bruins

Blades is not cute. He is scary and shows that the Bruins are a respectable and terrifying team.

6. Gnash - Nashville Predators

Gnash is a furry dream gone right. He is a perfect pun on the team's name and looks great.

5. Al - Detroit Red Wings

From:
Not too many mascots have a history like Al. Being the only mascot not as a human dressed up also gives the Red Wings the number 5 spot.

4. Moose - Winnipeg Jets

From:
I love the thought of a moose being the mascot of a Canadian team, and he is done very well.

3. Tommy Hawk - Chicago Blackhawks

From:
A pun all around. Tommy Hawk is beautiful and I love him.

2. Slapshot - Washington Capitals

From:
Slapshot is great. He looks well done, has a nice character to him and also represents the US of eh very well.

1. Wild Wing - Anaheim Ducks

From:
Not only is he terrifying yet cute, but Wild Wing is infamous for being amazing. He definitely deserves the number one spot!


So what do y'all think? 

If you like my order let me know! If you didn't let me know! Write your opinions in the comments!



Ethan Dixon
16edixon@gmail.com

Comments

  1. I thought our mew Vegas Knights team would have a better mascot. This is the first time I've seen him and I'm sadly dissapointed. I do however agree with your number 1. He is horrifyingly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Gila monster wasn't the best pick for the Golden Knights. Maybe a knight... who was golden would be better!

      Delete

Post a Comment