Hockey in the Olympics

Hockey in the Olympics

With the Olympics in full swing, it brings up the question of whether the USA has a chance of winning gold. 

Don’t get me wrong. I love the Olympics, I love the my country, and I love hockey. I just don’t like our chances this year. 

Is it Possible?

If you ask me, there is no way that the USA men’s team can make it to gold, let alone silver or bronze. This year is just rough for our team and without the NHLs help, it is just a dream.

Take a look at the Roster for this year. For me, I don’t recognize any of these people (though I only follow the NHL)

If you’re interested in the women’s national team (which I believe they are better than the men’s) then follow this Link.

But What Can YOU Do?

Although this is a year we can’t win, it doesn’t mean the future is bleak. Teach your kids to play, show a passion for the sport, and hopefully in 15 years we have an all-star team dominating. 

The Olympics is a time when the world unites and shows just how strong the human body is and what amazing feats it can accomplish. 

But What Can I Do?

Personally, I’m gonna try to show that hockey is not just for our neighbors up north. If we all do this, hockey will grow!

Let’s be one nation, one team, and one family united to win and show how strong the USA is. 

For the full list of when the USA teams plays and when other events happen follow this Link.


Question of the day:

Which do you prefer? A hot dog at a game or a pretzel?


Ethan Dixon
16edixon@gmail.com






Comments

  1. I prefer a pretzel and a cold soda while I’m watching a game. Unless it’s outside, then I’ll be drinking hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment